Local Reptile Shipping

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Local Reptile Shipping

Postby ewertb » Tue May 22, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi

Last year I've successfully hatched my 1st ever ball pythons. I've put the little ones up for sale but have some concerns on managing long distance shipping should I get interested parties from far of towns/other provinces. Are there companies in SA that specialize in shipping live animals around SA? My google search had some that seems to do international relocations but nothing specifically for local?
African Fat Tailed Geckos 0.2.0
Ball Pythons 2.3.0
ewertb
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Local Reptile Shipping

Postby Pythonodipsas » Fri May 25, 2018 12:01 pm

I have shipped from Durban to Cape Town using Bidvest Air Cargo. You could try your local airport and see if any of the smaller airlines allow the shipping of 'pets'.
`
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.
Roger Waters & David Gilmour - 1979
Pythonodipsas
SAReptiles Techie

Re: Local Reptile Shipping

Postby IanM » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:23 pm

BirAir pet lounge is your best bet, for local shipping, but this is only from airport to airport, where someone will have to go a pick it up. As long as permits are in order
(where necessary) and the animals are boxed correctly then you should not have any issues...
SAA cargo offer a similar service, but are more expensive and not as good IMO.

Unfortunately there are no courier services for pets/animals in SA
IanM
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Discussions