Locality Boas vs Morphs

Locality Boas vs Morphs

Postby jhbhc » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:16 pm

Hi Guys. My friends Guyana BCC shed a few days ago and he snapped some photos... I see most people these days are into morphs of some sort, ball pythons or boas... I was just wondering if many people are still passionate about boa constrictors, locality boas such as True Red Tail Boa Constrictor Constrictor, Guyanas, Surinames, Peruvians, Brazils etc? I've always had an interest in these snakes but unfortunately there were only a few in the country.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhbhc
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Locality Boas vs Morphs

Postby jhbhc » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:17 pm

More pics...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhbhc
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Westley Price » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:57 pm

Beautiful snake.

Ag I think mist hobbyists dont know much about locality boas and simply assume there arent any around so the interest never develops.

But there is no denying locality boas are significantly more beautiful than any morphs.

Thanx for posting.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Mehelya » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:23 am

Nice looking boas jhbhc. I'm sure there are boa purists around here somewhere. Westley, I think the biggest problem with locality boas is that back in the day people just bred boas to boas, without much thought to locality specific breedings, and that has ended up with a lot of mutts breeding in SA. I'm not saying they aren't pretty as pure localities, but we just weren't as careful with our breedings back then. Just my 2c.
Rian
If I wasn't me, then I'd probably be someone else...
Forceps. Not fingers...
Yes, it probably will bite you if you carry on that way...
Mehelya
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Redtail boas (Boa constrictor sp.)