Black mambas breeding

Black mambas breeding

Postby najasuphan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:50 am

On Valentine's Day I came home to find two of my black mambas breeding. Excited is an understatement for what I felt when I saw this. I recently acquired 1.2 adult black mambas, bringing my group up to 2.3 adults, and it was the new male breeding my original female. I do have both males in the same cage with her but I have observed no combat between them and my other male shows no in breeding at all. She can be seen in a previous thread which I linked below. The male is in the 8.5ft range with the female being slightly longer. They were observed locked up for over 32 hours non-stop. I'm crossing fingers that I get some good eggs from this breeding. In a week or so I'm going to swap females in the cage with the two males and see if I can have the same luck with the other two females that I have.

Jamie

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=15367

najasuphan
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Black mambas breeding

Postby vuduman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:26 am

Well done Jamie.Perfect match maker.Is it not very early in the season for them to be mating right now?Best of luck and hope they produce some firtile eggs for you in the future :)
vuduman
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mr Venom » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:56 am

That's great news, congrats Jamie, I hope they make lekker babies for you because local is mos lekker :) .

Thanks for sharing.
1.1.0 B.C. Imperator
Mr Venom
SA Reptiles Member

Postby TonyK » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:12 am

Guys ,the poster lives in the USA , in case your wondering why the snakes are mating at this time of year.
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

Postby vuduman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Aha.Thanks Tony.Now it makes more sence :)
All the best Najasuphan!
vuduman
SA Reptiles Member

Postby najasuphan » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:44 am

Thanks guys. I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes out of this because it seems like black mambas being bred in the USA is virtually nonexistent.

Jamie
najasuphan
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Mambas (Dendroaspis sp.)