Need Photos of Afroedura!

Need Photos of Afroedura!

Postby Rhoptropus » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:34 am

Hello,

I am a graduate student at Villanova University working with Dr. Aaron Bauer on the systematics of the African Flat Gecko (genus Afroedura). We are currently in the process of generating a publication describing both the evolutionary relationships of the entire group in addition to the description of several new species from the Limpopo/Mpumalanga region. For the publication, I need representative photographs of the different species groups (full body, tail included!) to include with the phylogeny to highlight the subtle differences between species (see attached example!). Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity to observe or photograph many of the species myself partially because of infrequent field seasons and the overall secretive nature of these geckos. In particular, I am interested in pictures of A. halli, A. tembulica, A. amatolica, A. pondolia, A. nivaria, A. transvaalica, A. bogerti, A. loveridgei and A. marleyi. I am happy to give credit to the photographer in the acknowledgements of my publication, along with a electronic or print copy of the final manuscript which will be featured in the journal Zootaxa.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Please contact me at ariannakuhn@gmail.com

Best Regards,

Arianna Kuhn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rhoptropus
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Indigenous geckos