Akwa komodo heat pads on melamine?

Akwa komodo heat pads on melamine?

Postby T3TK0P » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:15 pm

OK....here goes....I hope this is in the right spot for this post....I have scoured the forum for a answer to this question and couldn't find one.....

Would it be prudent to stick a heat pad on melamine? They are connected to a thermostat.

I am buying my first ball pythons and have been researching so much that obvious pitfalls in my plan eluded me!
I do not want to injure my future snakes and would appreciate any advice on this matter...I know the snakes need belly heat and I saw that the heat pads need a little space for ventilation....so I left enough space for the heat pads to be glued under the tubs and a few millimetres for ventilation.

I wanted to place it on a ceramic or vinyl surface but if it can burn wood it can melt the plastic as well....which is a scary prospect!!!

Thank you in advance for any advice
T3TK0P
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Akwa komodo heat pads on melamine?

Postby Superciliaris » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:38 pm

what are the specifications of the heating pad , what are the dimensions and style of your melamine enclosure or rack ?
Life is the greatest adventure imaginable.
Superciliaris
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Akwa komodo heat pads on melamine?

Postby T3TK0P » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:56 am

Oh sorry for late reply.....my ocd got the better of me and I got individual tubs and attached the pads to ceramic tiles and lifted the tiles off the counter with little rubber feet......and got individual thermostats for each tub.....Now I am happy......snakes looking happy too!!!
T3TK0P
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Electrical accessories & techniques