PVC/Plastic caging

PVC/Plastic caging

Postby AM-Rock python » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:21 am

Hi

I've been wondering if there are any PVC or Plastic sheet manufacturers in Gauteng. My wooden cages are due for an upgrade soon , and the PVC/Plastic idea seems better when considering the fact that some exotics need highish levels of humidity.

So who has a contact or friend that makes these sheets or even the cages itself ?

AM
live to die another day !
AM-Rock python
SA Reptiles Member

Re: PVC/Plastic caging

Postby Primogen » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:37 am

If you plan on building plastic tanks they will need an insulating layer, and are not easy or cost effective to build.

There are molded plastic tanks I have seen at the expos before, I'm sure someone will post who sells them here.
I plan getting a few myself as they look really well made and stack well.
“The animal needing something knows how much it needs, the man does not.” — Democritus
Primogen
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Brussel » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:04 pm

check Maizey plastics they have a number of foamed PVC sheets in various thicknessses. Light easily workable and good insulation
Brussel
SA Reptiles Member

Postby ewertb » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:11 am

You can contact Mike Perry from African Reptiles and Venom (mike@africanreptiles-venom.co.za). He sells some very nice looking molded plastic cages. I'm looking at getting some of them once I've finished setting up my reptile/plant room.
African Fat Tailed Geckos 0.2.0
Ball Pythons 2.3.0
ewertb
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Enclosure building